Saturday, July 5, 2008

Burning calories, rather than eating them, for a change

Today we walked for miles and miles (like 5, but still). If you're in Seattle, which I'm pretty sure my one or two readers are not, this will mean something to you: We went from Capitol Hill through Allentown to lower Queen Anne (at which point little 6 mth old critter decided this riding in a backpack thing wasn't for her and basically had to be carried for most of the remaining trip), then up and over the QA hill and down to Fremont, then up to 45th where we caught a bus to the comic book shop in Wallingford, then walked down to the U District bridge and up to Capitol Hill. Hmm. I think that might be more than 5 miles. Not sure.

Not much to say in the food department today. I made cookies from a recipe by Sonya, but they were for someone else. Hardly even cookies at all, with all the additions that make the bulk of them: oatmeal, chocolate chips, raisins, toasted walnuts.

BTW, I am a big fan of photo blogs, and this one will get there eventually. But I don't have time these days, so I'm just forging ahead the lazy, boring way.

I think I'll make a little burrito now, even though what I really want is pizza.

2 comments:

starrhillgirl said...

I want cookies from Sonya.
Please note, that is not a euphemism.

Ok, maybe it is.

Hard Girl said...

so, hey, did you ever get that package I sent? (I know Oci did not get hers that I sent on the same day)